Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Susie's Uber Complaint...

Hahaha my cousin is awesome.  She got me my $48 back!

Two complaints.  First complaint, we were ripped off. Second complaint, we should be able to review our charges prior to rating and tipping the driver. Why did Uber change the sequence?  The driver elected to take an alternate longer route without prior approval from us.  The driver went Shore parkway via Brighton Beach and Hugh L. Carey tunnel. When we queried the driver, he said it would take longer going the normal route. We were quoted $58 for the commute from JFK to Tenement Museum.  We were charged an outrageous $105! The initial quote of $58 was comparable to a cab fare and that is why we opted to use Uber.  We rated the driver and tipped him under good faith prior to being charged.  We were infuriated when we saw how much we were charged! Wouldn’t you be? It was extremely more expensive than the estimated quote!  There was no accident along the normal route, just normal rush hour traffic.  We would understand if via the normal route, should we have encountered an unforeseen delay, we would be charged a bit more.  To be charged more because the driver elected to take a longer alternate route (30 miles vs. 18 miles) without our consent  is unacceptable!  Clearly he chose a longer alternate route to increase the charges.  We have never experienced getting robbed like that before using Uber.  We accepted utilizing Uber and the charge based under false pretense!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad they refunded you! Yep, what a rip off! Sometimes I wonder if using a taxi is still the better bet, because they are regulated.

Izsmom

Leslie's pics said...

Yah but the reason why we went with Uber was because we knew what the total cost would be...you never know with taxis, if we got stuck in traffic our fare would've been really expensive (like $105!!! sigh...) I guess they're really good at refunding customers, I got refunded pretty quickly. Within 2 days i think

jalna said...

WOW!!!! So glad you got refunded. I had thought that stuff like that wouldn't happen if you use Uber. I thought that the price they quote is the price you pay. Wendell's friend was just saying that yesterday. I texted what you wrote to him.

jalna said...

Can I ask Susie to write complaints for me? LOL. Sorry, re-reading your posts and I like add more comments.

Leslie's pics said...

This is the first time it's ever happened to any of us. Well, I can't say much cause this was only the second time I've used uber -both times were crap!

Leslie's pics said...

Yup, I think she's writing all of my complaints from now on!