Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Marrakech Day 3 continued...

Atlas Mountains

I forgot that before we went to the co-op we stopped by a Berber market.  This was a good day to go since it was the only day of the week that they have it.  The fruits and vegetables looked amazing.  I swear all of the fruit in Morocco were on steroids.  Some lemons were as big as a baseball!
IMG_-2560

IMG_-2561

IMG_-2562

IMG_-2563
IMG_-2565
IMG_-2566


Ok. so we got to the mountain part...We were supposed to hike up to a waterfall, take some pics and then come back down.  I don't know what the elevation actually was but I was having a hard time breathing!  Another older couple also was having difficulty so they hopped on a donkey the rest of the way up.  There was one donkey left so Randy told me I might as well jump on it since it was there.  I was so embarrassed.  I thought I could rough it but I probably woulda passed out if I tried.  So up on the donkey I went.  
IMG_-2578

IMG_-2581

ugh.  SO SHAME!
20190326_142235

IMG_-2583

IMG_-2584

Uhhh, we got to the waterfall and it really wasn't that impressive....we went all the way over here for this??  I guess it was the journey not the destination...
IMG_-2587

IMG_-2590

IMG_-2592

I didn't want to jump back on the donkey on the way down but Randy said he already tipped the guy 5 bucks so I might as well.  Damnit!  Not only that we took a different route then the walkers!  Randy said they started worrying about me, they weren't sure I was gonna be at the bottom when I got back.  Anyways I tried to take a few pics on the way down but it was very difficult.  I was using my phone. It's very bumpy so I had to hold on with one hand and shoot without dropping my phone with the other.  It also started drizzling so between trying to keep my camera dry, and holding on for my dear life, it was quite an adventure!  It's a good thing I have good pockets in my jacket so I could put my phone away easily when I had to protect my camera.
IMG_-2598

IMG_-2597

IMG_-2596

IMG_-2595

IMG_-2594

At the end of our journey we sat down for a really delicious tajine lunch.  This one was actually more tasty than most of the others that we had!
IMG_1329

5 comments:

jalna said...

I definitely woulda had to donkey it too. That market looked amazing.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so nice. The waterfall looks good and how cool to ride a donkey.
is it safe to eat street food there (unlike Mexico)? How are restroom facilites (since I take diuretics/blood pressure meds)? Not that I would go, your pictures are adventurous enough:)
v

Leslie's pics said...

Yah Jalna I wish we coulda stayed at the market longer. We basically just did a quick walkaround...

I don't know if it's safe to eat food anywhere V! My doctor wouldn't give us a prescription for antibiotics but he told us to take some pepto bismol before any meal that I was worried about as a precaution. I only took it twice I think. I forgot about it most of the time. The restrooms that we went to were ok, although some you had to tip the guy to use the facilities. Usually about a dime or so, not a huge cost.

Anonymous said...

The market looked interesting, but I don’t think I would buy the meat. LOL. IwI would need the donkey, but probably would get motion sickness riding it. HAHAHA. Altitude differences hit me hard, even staying in Denver takes me about a week to adjust to. I’m glad I’m visiting Morocco through you. 😀

Izsmom

Leslie's pics said...

Yah Izsmom the meat looks sketchy! I wonder if Denver would affect me too, i've never been there...