Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2019

Sawai Madhopur & Chittorgarh - Day 4

September 27, 2019

Today was an early day, we arrived in Sawai Madhoupur at 4:45am and had to leave at the crack of dawn to head to Ranthambhore National Park.  Time to look for some tigers!  Here's our itinerary for the day:

Depart for Rathambhore National Park 6:30
Breakfast on board   9:30
Departure for Chittargarh  10:30
Lunch on board  12:00
Arrival at Chittorgarh   3:40
Departure for sightseeing 4:00
Evening tea, light and sound program at Fort 6:00
Return to POW  7:30
Dinner on board 8:00

IMG_-3486
IMG_-3488
We got to the reserve, hopped into some jeeps and off we went with our guides
IMG_-3451
It was a very pretty morning but I think I'm over safaris.  I forgot how extremely bumpy the rides are and you practically get thrown all over the place.  You gotta hold on tight or else you'll smoosh whoever is sitting next to you.  Lots of my pics came out super blurry cause we didn't stop much when we were in there.
IMG_-3466
IMG_-3471
IMG_-3473
IMG_-3478-2
So I think these guys lied.  We didn't see any tigers, heck we barely saw any animals at all!  We saw a hyena (which was far and ran away pretty quickly),  a bear, which was far also, I didn't bring my zoom lens with me so I didn't get any pics of him, and this deer.  Well I think it's an deer.  Who knows.
IMG_-3482
To give them the benefit of the doubt, we didn't spend that much time there.  We were there for only about 2 hours.  I think if we stayed longer more animals would've peeped out.  Oh yah and we saw an owl.  If you look real close you'll see him. 
IMG_-3484
Today was the only day we actually got to be on the train during the day while we travelled to our next destination.  I enjoyed watching the sites although it was raining a lot so we didn't get to see as much as I had liked.  I was texting Jalna while I was on the train and I was telling her how nice the lighting was and I showed her a picture of Randy that I took.  She turned around and drew me a picture of him!  So neat yah!  Super fast too, I thought she did a real good job
IMG_2783
goofin off on the train...
IMG_2356
So, I apologize, we arrived in Chittorgarh and we went to this one place that I can't remember. I looked through my notes and I can't find it.  But I thought it was really pretty.
IMG_-3493
IMG_-3496
When we arrived at the Chittorgarh Fort I got super excited cause the first thing I saw was....MONKEYS!! Tons and tons of monkeys! This fort is one of the largest in India and is also a UNESCO site.  
IMG_-3491
IMG_-3501
IMG_-3504
I think we were more excited about the monkeys than the fort itself :-)
IMG_-3512
I was trying to get a picture of this lady standing in front of the building but I got photobombed
IMG_-3506
IMG_-3509
IMG_-3521
IMG_-3519
As I was editing these photos I kinda freaked out on how long their tails are!! I didn't even notice when I was there
IMG_-3516
After the fort we had some tea and refreshments then walked to the site where the light show would be.  I was kinda disappointed, I thought it was gonna be more spectacular.  I couldn't get much pics here, it was way too dark.  I feel bad,  They were telling stories while lighting up the fort and I barely could pay attention, I was so tired.
IMG_-3529
IMG_-3531
IMG_-3536
IMG_-3537

Tomorrow we go to Udaipur...see you then!

6 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Thanks for sharing Les! This is somewhere I would never travel to! But those monkey tails are freakish!

Anonymous said...

Too bad you didn’t get to see tigers on the safari. I could never handle the ride, just your describing how bumpy it was, Gabe me motion sickness. LOL Japan posted the drawing on her blog and told us about your trip, she did a good job. The pics of the monkeys reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Hahaha I don’t know if I could handle all those monkeys! You’re right, their tails are super long.

Izsmom

Leslie's pics said...

Hahaha Michele I don't think you'd like it there ;-)

I had to take my motion sickness medicine Izsmom! I never leave home without it. I was ok at first but towards the middle of the trip it got to be too much. The monkeys were super cute and didn't bother with anyone unless you offered them food

Anonymous said...

Wow I never knew their tails were that freakishly long. I adore simians but I watched too many of those monkey relocating shows and I know they are fiendishly strong even if tiny cuz of the power in their arms. So I'm more scared of them - not to mention their sharp teeth. But it's cool seeing them up close through your pixs. Safaris look cool on t.v. but the ride would just about lay me out. I love that building in the water it's so gorgeous did they say why and how they built there? Still loving your trip -N

Leslie's pics said...

Ok N, I had to google it. It is called Padmini Palace. I suck. But here's what it said: This three storied white building was built in the 19th century, and is located in the southern part of the fort. Located amidst water bodies, this is the place where Aladdin was permitted to see the mirror image of Rani Padmini, wife of Maharana Rattan Singh. It is widely believeds that Aladdin was besotted by the beauty of Padmini and the desire to win her led convinced him to destroy Chittor. In the battle that ensued, Maharana Rattan Singh was killed and Rani Padmini committed Jauhar. Rani Padmini's beauty is compared to that of Cleopatra and her life story is an eternal legend in the history of Chittor.

I do remember the mirror part, he had to use the mirror to see her, which I thought was kinda strange

jalna said...

Too bad about not seeing any tigers. I checked out the park's website and saw some of the guests' photos. Woulda been awesome if you saw them yourself. Thanks for the plug about my drawing! I love your selfies on the train, especially Randy's smile. I like your photos of the stone/rock buildings and walls. Very impressive. Bummahs that the monkey ruined your National Geographic shot.