Search This Blog

Friday, November 3, 2017

Jalna's Last Day at HDRS

October 31, 2017

WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!  It's finally Jalna's last day working with us.  Yup, she's now retired.  It's not the same without her around.  She was a nice break from all the daily crap that we have to deal with.  What are we gonna do now?  Anyways, she didn't take off her sunglasses all day cause she thought she was gonna be bawling the whole time.  She actually did pretty good.  She did all her bawling in private, then she came downstairs to get her farewell hugs.

Take care my friend, I know I'll see you soon so I'm not so sad anymore :)
IMG_3238
I think me and Michele are gonna miss her the most...
IMG_3233
Well, it was Halloween...
IMG_3211
IMG_3212
IMG_3213
IMG_3216
IMG_3217
IMG_3218
IMG_3220
IMG_3223
IMG_3224
IMG_3225
IMG_3226
IMG_3215
IMG_3237
Lorene just happened to be getting her hair done downstairs when she ran into Bien...he spilled the beans so she ran upstairs to get a hug too
IMG_3227
IMG_3229
IMG_3231
IMG_3232
IMG_3244
IMG_3245
IMG_3246
IMG_3247
IMG_3239
IMG_3240
We had a small luncheon for her...doesn't that sashimi platter look goooooood?  Thanks Carolyn!
IMG_3241
IMG_3242
IMG_3243

CONGRATULATIONS JALNA!!!  MWAAAAH!  xoxo

9 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Aw, miss her more now!

jalna said...

Wow da planny pikchas! Thanks Les!! I will be dropping by often!

Leslie's pics said...

I know Michele!!! :'(

I hope so Jalna!!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Happy for her, sad for you all... Nice pics! Looks like a very delicious luncheon. LOL. I look forward to you and Jalna's next trip together.

Izsmom

Leslie's pics said...

Me too Izsmom!! Too bad we have nothing planned for now :(

Anonymous said...

Awww I knew it was gonna be really sad for Jalna as she did love working there but I suspect it was more cuz of the co-workers than the actual work itself. To be there that long in this day and age is very rare, I've been thru 4-5 reductions in the last 10 years before my retirement. And from what I learned at Unemployment workshops that's not rare any more. But after some adjustment she'll will find her rhythm and joy in retirement. The company lost a fab employee. -N

Leslie's pics said...

I'm sure she won't take long to adjust to retirement N!! She had that sly little grin on her face the whole time....but that's good. She deserves it. And yes, we lost a FAB employee!!

Erick said...

Supers shots, you really captured the emotion. Never knew Jalna could make that many faces ha ha.

Leslie's pics said...

yah Erick, she had to make those faces to keep her from crying!