Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

San Francisco Day 3, take 2

Friday, April 23, 2010
Zanze's
Alan
Little Lucca
Thanh Long

I can't believe I forgot to blog this yesterday. Ruby surprised us with the best cheesecake in the world...Zanze's!! This cheesecake is so light that you have to cut it with a suji wire. If you cut it with a knife it will fall apart. If you're ever in the bay area, be sure to stop here...you won't be sorry. He even will pack it for travel, and it travels very well. Mr. Zanze said his cakes have gone around the world -- China, Italy, Hawaii, and so on...

If you ever need a mechanic, call our friend Alan Takeshita of Excaliber Autoworks...he's an awesome mechanic and an all around nice guy!!
Today was a good eating day. We drove down to South San Francisco to our favorite sandwich shop, Little Lucca. This place is ALWAYS busy and they have the best sandwiches! They have a special garlic and hot sauce that they put on their bread that makes these sandwiches out of this world!
We waited in line for 45 minutes before we got our order
This is the Little Lucca combo. Could you believe this sandwich was only $5.50??!! It came with Mortadella, provolone cheese and salami
This was Randy's wild turkey sandwich. It came with cream cheese and cranberries (no, he didn't put the hot sauce on this one, that would've been gross)
Before dinner we went to check out the beach. It was incredibly windy and Randy wanted some "jumping" shots
I'm surprised he didn't hurt himself
We met Ruby, Chris and Ian for dinner at Thanh Long. If you're a crab lover, you must try this place. Unfortunately I can't eat the stuff so I was probably the only one in the restaurant eating fish!
Our salt and pepper calamari appetizer
This is their famous roasted garlic crab
Their yummy garlic noodles...when my food came I just started digging in and I forgot to get a picture of it! I got a steamed sea bass and it was yummy!
Chris and Ian hanging at our place

5 comments:

jalna said...

Uuuuuuuu!! Yummy! Everything looks good. 45 minutes' wait! Must be good. And garlic crab . . . bummahs you can't eat it. But you can eat the calamari, right? That looks ono too.

Les said...

Oh my gawwwwd...it's sooo worth the 45 minute wait! Garlic crab? eh, not so hot...hahahaha! just kidding, I thought Ruby and Randy were gonna start licking their plates when they were pau eating their crab. Calamari was yummy :P

Betty Townsend said...

Will have to check out the sandwich place some time. Great pictures! I'm with you, the crab would have been a big no, no for me too.

SSFHunter said...

I live around the corner from Little Lucas and is indeed always busy. Best to get there at opening time to avoid the wait. They have one of the best sandwiches ever.

Les said...

Betty -- the sandwiches are definitely someplace you gotta try. You could easily half a sandwich with your husband or order just a small sandwich instead because these are HUGE!!

Andrew - It would be very dangerous if I lived around the corner from there. I lived in San Bruno for a little while and that was too close for me! We used to always take the sandwiches to the Giants games :P