Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2019

Mick

We sent Mick to doggie heaven on Thursday...Valentine's day of all days....our hearts are very sad in the Kuba household.  She was the sweetest, sweetest dog.  Smart and sassy, everyone fell in love with her the moment they met her.  We got her in 2003, I saw an ad in the newspaper.  A feed store in Kaneohe was selling her for $90.  I ran over there during my lunch hour and put down a $10 deposit so no one else would buy her. Randy and I rushed back after work and brought her home.  She lived for 15 and a half years.  During the last few months she grew very weak, and she couldn't keep her weight on. The joke was that we didn't think she was gonna live past April of 2018! Surprisingly she still ate like a champ.  Boy was she spoiled!  We bought her sashimi, steak, rotisserie chicken...anything we ate, she ate.  But during the last few days she was refusing to eat and she just laid around all day, not doing anything.  We didn't want her to suffer.  She looked miserable. 

Taking her to the vet was the hardest thing we've ever done.  Neither one of us wanted to go, but in the end we knew it was the right thing to do.  The staff at Ohana Vet were very very very kind as always, and they all seemed a little choked up when she was gone. 

I hope you're happy and running free Mick, no more diapers or "panties" as I called them, for you!! Say hello to gramma for me.  We'll never forget you!!!

mickcar
this is a pic from a long time ago...but she looks so happy here and this is how I want to remember her. xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waaahhh!!! 😭 I’m so sorry for your loss. Your post about her describes our dog Ginger who we had to put down in 2017 to a “T”. We got her from the feed store in Kaneohe too. She was the best watchdog ever. May your memories of her provide comfort. ❤️ and (((HUGS)))

Izsmom

jalna said...

So sorry for your and Randy's loss, Les.

Anonymous said...

so sorry for your loss. I lost my Hoxie last June and still feeling the loss. He was just shy of 16 years.
We also took him to Ohana Vet, they are the best!
V

jenny said...

What a beautiful picture, the love and devotion was clear from this post. Much to you and Randy.

Leslie's pics said...

Thanks Izsmom...I wonder if it's the same feed store??

Waaaahhh Jalna! thanks :(

Wow our dogs have good genes V! I love the staff at Ohana Vet. They're always so friendly. Sorry for your loss too :(

Thank you Jenny.