Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Dubai

Ok, so now that I got all the important stuff out of the way, people are always asking me what Dubai was like.  I can't tell you much because 1.  Our layover was pretty short so we couldn't do much, and 2. I was sick remember?  Blech. That sucked.  But here's what I do have...

The taxi guy brought us here...The Burj Khalifa is tallest building in the world.  160 stories, 2,716.5 feet tall.  Holy Moly.  We didn't go up.  No time.  Plus I woulda hurled in the elevator.
IMG_1141
IMG_1139
IMG_1146
Instead we walked along this waterway to their mall.
IMG_1145
Here's me looking all had-its after a 14hr flight
IMG_1148
It's almost a Bellagio type scene.  I think they also do water shows at night
IMG_1157
IMG_1160
Then we got to the mall.  Sorry, no pics in there.  Too dark and too sick.  But fun fact, this is the most largest and most visited mall in the world.  In 2014 they had 80 million visitors!!! Yikes! It also has 5.9 million square feet of retail space!
IMG_1161
Oops.  I lied.  I took one picture.  I thought this was kind of neat.  Camel's milk chocolate?  I did end up buying this from duty free at the airport.  It was good, no weird taste or anything.  Nobody died eating it :)
IMG_1162
You wondering about the airport?  It was very empty and very clean.  Weird.  This is 3:00 in the afternoon.  This place was packed at 3am!
IMG_1164
IMG_1168
IMG_1167
IMG_1166
IMG_1170

That's all I have on Dubai.  Maybe I'll visit there again one day and I'll get more pics for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so clean, new and huge.

Izsmom

Leslie's pics said...

yah, but flying into the airport was sooo different. That's on a different post, my iPhone pics :)

jalna said...

Looks so empty. Wonder where the people are. I was curious if they wear robes and headgear there.

Leslie's pics said...

I have no idea where everyone was. I saw a bunch of people at 3am (when we were leaving) with robes and headgear. I can't believe it was so crowded at the middle of the night! Strange yah?!