Search This Blog

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Off to Sasaab!!

Friday, March 17, 2017

After one last lovely breakfast with the giraffes we were off to Samburu, a village in Kwale County, Kenya.  From there, we got nice an comfy at Sasaab, a beauuutiful lodge near the reserve.  But first, more giraffes...

The lighting was perfect...
IMG_9950

IMG_9947


IMG_9946


IMG_9933


I love this pic
IMG_9928


After breakfast we were scheduled to fly out to Sasaab.  It was only an hour flight but on those small put-put propeller planes.  I was so worried that I was gonna get sick that I drugged myself up on Meclazine, grabbed a couple barf bags that we stole from the flights over here and I was ready to go!
IMG_9992

I did fine!
IMG_9989

After we landed we went straight to our jeeps and we were on our way!
IMG_9995

IMG_9998


We arrived at a GORGEOUS lodge with a plunge pool!  I really thought the water was gonna be warm and uncomfortable because it's so hot here, but it was cold!!
IMG_0017

The view from our room was incredible.  It's looking over the (dry for now) river bed and we can see lots of activity from our lanai
IMG_0019

IMG_0023

IMG_0024
If you can't tell what this is, it's a double shower...
IMG_0022
 Resident dik dik feeding time...These guys are so cute!!
IMG_0035

IMG_0046
Here we go on our mini game drive and sundowner!!
IMG_0047
Meet William our spotter, he can see stuff from a mile away!  Unlike me, I can't see crap.  I swear everytime there's an animal we gotta stop the car so they can explain to me what they're looking at, give me the binoculars and laugh and wait...sigh...
IMG_0050

This is Daniel our driver/guide.  He's a crackup!
IMG_0051

I'll explain more about the animals later cause I forgot some of their names but for now, here's just the pics
IMG_0001

Just some elephants.......!!!
IMG_0083

IMG_0095-2

IMG_0116

IMG_0110-2

IMG_0132
This is the Grevy Zebra and some guinea fowl
IMG_0153


Tomorrow's post is the REAL game drive...get ready for some really cool stuff!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific pics! So exciting!

Izsmom

Leslie's pics said...

Thanks Izsmom, stay tuned....it gets exciting-er!!

jalna said...

Amazing shots! And I can't believe they have sharper eyes than you. You have the most eagle eyes of anybody I know.

Leslie's pics said...

Ummmmm, yah. I totally suck here. I told them I'd get fired if I was a spotter.

Kalin's Mommy said...

Ummmm, the jeep is open and animals can come in the jeep???? How are you protected from the more aggressive animals? Aaaaaaand there is no walls on your room? Hoooo this trip is not for me, LOL!

Leslie's pics said...

hahaha it was kinda scary at first but then you don't even realize it. Oh, and you gotta pray to the safari gods that the lions won't eat you.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Am totally enjoying your trip!

Leslie's pics said...

Thanks Aunty...so am I. It's almost surreal. This place is amazing.