Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2015

One more day in the Catlins...

Ok so it didn't rain like it said it was gonna so we rushed down to Nugget Point to try and catch the sunrise.  Unfortunately, just because it didn't rain didn't mean that there was gonna be any sun.  Not much for a sunrise shot, but still pretty...
IMG_4583

IMG_4587

Unfortunately it was time for us to leave the wonderful Nugget Lodge and head up the street for the Molyneux House.  Nugget Lodge wasn't able to accomodate us for 2 nights so they suggested we stay there instead.  I wanted to show you this bizarre but awesome bathroom they had in this place...there was no so called "stall" but an open area to shower.  But the water felt soooooo good
IMG_4591

IMG_4592

Bye bye Nugget Lodge!  
IMG_4593

And helllloooo Molyneux House!  Another awesome find!
IMG_4655

This was the view from our back deck
IMG_4595

No time to waste, it's off to see some sea lions!  All of the websites say to head to Cannibal Bay since they like to hang out there.
IMG_4597

I guess not today.  I was freezing so I was back in the car in about ten minutes
IMG_4601

IMG_4603

In the parking lot a local guy told us if we didn't see any at Cannibal Bay then to head over to Surat Bay, we might have better luck there.
IMG_4624

Success!  We saw two of them.  So cute!
IMG_4610-2

IMG_4612-2

IMG_4614-2

One last stop for today...McClean Falls.  Pretty awesome. Can you see Randy?
IMG_4636

IMG_4650


2 comments:

jalna said...

Awesome long-exposure shots. Very, very nice! Wondering . . . does the shower not flood the room?

Les said...

No, so bizarre, I guess the space was big enough so it all went down the drain. I swear, every shower here was awesome! I think I burnt myself this morning cause the water was so hot