Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Comin home...

Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Fukuoka

We had a lot of time to kill before our 9:00 flight on Wednesday night.  Check out was at 11:00 so we had to figure out what we were gonna do to pass the time.  Since it was 11:00 all the ramen shops at Hakata Station were open!

We saw this place the other night and decided to give it a try.
IMG_0399

We both got a ramen set, Randy got the mentaiko rice and I got the gyoza
IMG_0401

It was pretty good...but I liked last night's ramen better
IMG_0402

I guess this place was popular cause this was the line when we got out
IMG_0406

This is where we ate last night.  Randy's noodles were really good but I liked my broth better
IMG_0403

I took a picture of mines too but I messed up the exposure cause I wasn't paying attention >:(

They're all vending machine restaurants around here I think
IMG_0405

Yup, he was still hungry so we went to a little coffee shop and got mentaiko pasta.  Cute yah?  She brought a little bowl on the side for me too
IMG_0411

We needed to digest our food and since it was still early we hopped on the subway and went to the park to hang out.  We were supposed to go yesterday but the rain killed that idea
IMG_0418

It was really pretty
IMG_0419

IMG_0420

IMG_0422

IMG_0430

IMG_0435

IMG_0437

kawaiii!
IMG_0440

I think this little guy was lost...he was about 100 yards from the water.  I wanted to take him back but Randy wouldn't let me
IMG_0443

IMG_0448

Isn't this a cute name for a shopping mall?
IMG_0449

Mentaiko, mentaiko, everywhere!  Yup.  Everywhere you turn it's mentaiko this, mentaiko that.  It's crazy!
IMG_0412

even stuffed animals and socks!
IMG_0413

IMG_0416

IMG_0417

Kumamon is everywhere too.  I guess he's their official mascot
IMG_0414

IMG_0415

I'll show you all of my stash tomorrow...boy, there was a lot that I bought!!






2 comments:

jalna said...

Ramen looks good!! I have a question. What did you do with your luggage?

Les said...

you woulda like the ramen Jalna! Oh, we left the luggage at the hotel till we were ready to go to the airport. So convenient yah!