Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Tokyo Day 2

Sunday, November 18, 2012
Ueno Park
Ameyoko
Ginza

Sorry, it was pouring cats and dogs yesterday so I didn't take any pictures.  Surprisingly Jalna and I woke up to a BEAUUUUUTIFUL morning, not a cloud in the sky.  Today was a shopping day, and we headed for Ameyoko in the Ueno district.  Because I normally come here in the spring, I always go to Ueno to check out their cherry blossom festival.  It's gorgeous there, so I wanted to see what it would be like in the fall.

IMG_1212

IMG_1214

IMG_1223

IMG_1240

IMG_1242

I wanted to try and catch the same shot I took in 2010... oops.  I think I was in the wrong spot. :(
IMG_1244

IMG_1259

IMG_1263

It was different, very pretty, but I think I like it better in the spring.

Off to Ameyoko!
IMG_1282

IMG_1283

Jalna's trying to figure out what she wants to eat for dinner.  We went to one of my favorite restaurants, Negishi
IMG_1285

IMG_1286

They're famous for their beef tongue...yummmmmm
IMG_1289

After dinner we went on a mission to find Sukibayashi Jiro so I could take a picture of the restaurant.  We hunted and hunted and hunted...then we finally found out why.  I knew the restaurant was gonna be closed, but not the whole building!!
IMG_1291

That's ok, the next time I go I will hopefully be a customer!!

Off to Shibuya tomorrow! 



2 comments:

celia said...

Love your pictures and your story. I think blogger is a great way to share our trips.

Les said...

Thanks Celia! I know right?! We don't have to explain as much when we get home :)