Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My attempted cake bites...

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I was bored last night so I thought I'd try my hand at some cupcake bites. These are pretty much the same as my pops except I put the cupcake ball on top of a chocolate candy mold. Sounds easy right? UH WRONG! I once again forgot about how humid and hot my kitchen can get so dipping the stupid things in chocolate was a disaster. I don't think I'll be making these again anytime soon, so don't even ask. You hear that? NO, I will not make them for any baby showers or parties, bah mitzvahs, or funerals...it will just make me grouchy because the stupid chocolate just does not want to cooperate. You may think they look ok, but look at the next picture and that is what it's supposed to look like. Then you'll understand why I'm so irritated.


The Bakerella lady is my idol. Don't know how she does it. >:(

10 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

Just saw these on Facebook. They look good to me. I've never done anything with dipping in chocolate...and don't think I want to. I'm too chicken! :-)

Les said...

I swear the bakerella lady must have an awesome 60 degree kitchen with absolutely no humidity! I need to get me one of those...

jalna said...

They were sososososo cuuute!! And ono too. They would make such lovely favors . . .

Les said...

Watch your mouth woman!!

Sharon Lei said...

I love Bakerella!! I tried my hand at cakepops as well.. here is one attempt.... (http://elisharon.blogspot.com/2010/02/come-baby-come-baby-baby-come-come.html)

I think yours came out great!

xx Love & Aloha

Les said...

Sharonlei -- I tried those too! and some other ones also. I'm still trying to master them...

http://lesliekuba.blogspot.com/2011/02/cake-pops-experiment.html

http://lesliekuba.blogspot.com/2011/02/cake-pops-take-two.html

http://lesliekuba.blogspot.com/2011/02/oscar-pops.html

Erick said...

Yum, looks so ONO!

Les said...

maybe next time I'll deliver some to you at hmsa....wait. scratch that. I'll have Jalna deliver some to you at hmsa...hahahaaa!

Dd said...

Looks good to me...you are sooo hard on yourself !!

Les said...

awww, thanks Didi!!