Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 1 Buenos Aires

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Microcentro, Florida St

After a rocky start (a 3 hr delay in Dallas due to engine trouble and a 10 hr flight), we finally arrived in Buenos Aires. Unfortunately, or problems didn't end there...this is where Randy left his phone and when we went back to get it the guy said it wasn't there...hmmm....

Please excuse the crappy post-processing, I'm working with a very tiny computer and Photoshop Elements 2.0. I'll try my best! :)

Looking at wallets on the street....

Randy trying to figure out the subway map, uh, anyone know Spanish??

We went to San Telmo for dinner...


I ordered the chorizo sausage, and the guy was trying to tell me that it was "small" and I said, that it was gonna be ok. I thought it was gonna be a plate...


But for only 4 pesos, I guess you only get the sausage! hahahaha! But that was ok cause we ordered salad and this pesto rice and it was enough for me. But check it out, it's soooo cheap here (sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the rest of the food...too hungry!):

$1 = 3.66 pesos

Our dinner consisted of this - chorizo sausage, a ribeye steak, pesto rice, 2 salads, mineral water AND a bottle of champagne =

196 pesos!!!

What is that like $60?? Incredible...

A bar we found to have a drink afterwards...

Randy drunk at the subway station...uh oh, we know how this is gonna go!

Passed out back at the room...geez, he takes up more room than Mattie!! In case you don't know who Mattie, is he's my big dog!

3 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

Have a great time, Leslie!

jalna said...

Sooooo neat to see your adventure unfolding!!! I love it!!! Please, please keep it up.

Erick said...

Cool you made it. Wow, this is like an online travelogue. Have fun!